The United States Coast Guard and national defense ... Read More
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
- ISBN: 9780786464807 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0786464801 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xiii, 264 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Co., c2012.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. 244-254) ... Read More
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction -- The Coast Guard: 1790 to World War ... Read More
"This chronicle of the Coast Guard's contributions ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||United States. Coast Guard > History.
Coastal surveillance > United States > History.
The United States Coast Guard and National Defense : A History from World War I to the Present
A member of the United States Coast Guard Reserve from 1961 to 1969, Thomas P. Ostrom taught anthropology, geography, and history at Rochester Community College in Minnesota before retiring. He is a member of the U.S. Navy Memorial and the Naval Historical Foundation.