The male body : a new look at men in public and in private / Susan Bordo.
- ISBN: 0374527326 (pbk.) :
- Physical Description: 358 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Edition: 1st pbk. ed.
- Publisher: New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2000.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. -347) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Prologue: My father's body -- PRIVATE PARTS: In hiding and on display -- Hard and soft -- Does size matter? -- What is a phallus? -- PUBLIC IMAGES: Fifties Hollywood: the rebel male crashes the wedding -- Gay men's revenge -- Beauty (re)discovers the male body -- THE MALE ANIMAL, RECONSIDERED: Gentleman or beast? : the double bind of masculinity -- The sexual harasser is a bully, not a sex fiend -- Beautiful girls, from both sides now -- Humbert and Lolita -- Coda: My father the feminist.
Search for related items by subject
Men in popular culture.
Masculinity in popular culture.
Body, Human > Social aspects.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.