A woman doctor's Civil War : Esther Hill Hawks' diary / edited with foreword by Gerald Schwartz.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Kirtland Community College Library||E 621 .H39 1989||30775305553092||General Collection||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780872496224
- ISBN: 0872496228
- ISBN: 0872494357
- ISBN: 9780872494350
- Physical Description: ix, 289 pages : illustrations, portraits.
- Publisher: Columbia, S.C. : University of South Carolina Press, ©1989.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 271-276) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Esther Hill Hawks went south in the 1860s to minister to black Union troops and newly freed slaves both as a teacher and a doctor. She kept a diary and described the South she saw.
The Sea Islands October 1862-February 1864 -- Florida February-July 1864 -- The Sea Islands July-August 1864 -- Florida December 1864-March 1865 -- Charleston March-July 1865 -- The Sea Islands July-August 1865 -- Florida August-September 1865 -- The Sea Islands September-October 1865 -- Charleston October 1865 -- The Sea Islands October 1865 -- Charleston October-November 1865 -- The Sea Islands November-December 1865 -- Florida December 1865-January 1866 -- The Sea Islands January 1866 -- En Route to Florida November 1866 -- Florida November 1866.
Search for related items by subject
Search for related items by series
- Women's diaries and letters of the nineteenth-century South series
- Women's diaries and letters of the nineteenth-century South.