Zachary Taylor / John S.D. Eisenhower.
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0901/2007046073-s.html - Sample text
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip084/2007046073.html - Table of contents
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
- ISBN: 9780805082371
- ISBN: 0805082379
- Physical Description: xx, 167 pages : maps ; 22 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Times Books, ©2008.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages ... Read More
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Early career -- Unsung hero -- "Old rough and ... Read More
A profile of the twelfth president traces his rise ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Taylor, Zachary, 1784-1850.
Presidents > United States > Biography.
United States > Politics and government > 1849-1853.
Generals > United States > Biography.
Mexican War, 1846-1848 > Campaigns.
Search for related items by series
Summary: A profile of the twelfth president traces his rise in the military and successes in the Mexican war to his election as the first president without a prior political office, in an account that also offers insight into Taylor's views on slavery and his sudden death.