To bind up the wounds : Catholic sister nurses in the U.S. Civil War / Mary Denis Maher.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Kirtland Community College Library||E 621 .M34 1999||30775305505548||General Collection||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0807124397
- ISBN: 9780807124390
- Physical Description: x, 178 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Edition: Louisiana pbk. ed.
- Publisher: Baton Rouge : Louisiana State University Press, 1999.
Originally published: New York : Greenwood Press, 1989.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 161-174) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
1. Catholic sisters in mid-nineteenth century America -- 2. Backgrounds of Catholic nursing in the United States in the nineteenth century -- 3. Medical care and lay female nursing during the Civil War -- 4. Catholic sisters respond to requests for nursing in the Civil War -- 5. Catholic sister nurses in the Civil War -- 6. Contemporaneous attitudes about the Catholic sisters in the Civil War.