Motivating students to learn
- ISBN: 9780415893510 (hardback)
- ISBN: 0415893518 (hardback)
- ISBN: 9780415893527 (paperback)
- ISBN: 0415893526 (paperback)
- ISBN: 9780203108017 (ebook)
ix, 301 pages ; 27 cm.
- Edition: Fourth edition.
- Publisher: New York : Routledge, 2014.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||Includes bibliographical references and index.|
|Formatted Contents Note:||Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction to Student Motivation -- 2.Classroom Goals: What Is It That I Want to Do? -- 3.Extrinsic Goals and Incentives: What Am I Supposed to Do? -- 4.Intrinsic Motivation and Values: Is This Important and Enjoyable to Do? -- 5.Supporting Intrinsic Motivation and Values by Making Learning Attractive -- 6.Socializing Uninterested or Alienated Students -- 7.Beliefs about Ability, Causality, and Control: Can I Do It? What Causes Success and Failure? -- 8.Rebuilding Discouraged Students' Confidence and Willingness to Learn -- 9.Relationships and Classroom Community: Does Anybody Care? -- 10.Stimulating Students' Motivation to Learn -- 11.Adapting to Differences in Students' Motivational Patterns -- 12.Looking Back and Ahead: Integrating Motivational Goals into Your Planning and Teaching.|
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Motivation in education|
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.