Turn here sweet corn : organic farming works
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
- ISBN: 9780816677719 (hc : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0816677719 (hc : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780816677726 (pb : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0816677727 (pb : alk. paper)
335 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, ... Read More
|Formatted Contents Note:|
Cold, hard water -- My name is Tina -- It's not ... Read More
"A memoir of making these essential relationships ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
Women farmers United States Biography
Organic farming United States Anecdotes
Summary: "A memoir of making these essential relationships work in the face of challenges as natural as weather and as unnatural as corporate politics, her book is a firsthand history of getting in at the "ground level" of organic farming. One of the first certified organic produce farms in the Midwest, the Diffleys' Gardens of Eagan helped to usher in a new kind of green revolution in the heart of America's farmland, supplying their roadside stand and a growing number of local food co-ops. This is a story of a world transformed -and reclaimed -one square acre at a time."--Publisher description.