Anxiety : a short history / Allan V. Horwitz.
Allan V. Horwitz, a sociologist of mental illness and mental health, narrates how this condition has been experienced, understood, and treated through the ages - from Hippocrates, through Freud, to today.
- ISBN: 9781421410807 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 142141080X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xvi, 190 pages ; 22 cm.
- Publisher: Baltimore, Maryland : The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2013.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (pages 163-183) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Foreword / by Charles E. Rosenberg -- Afraid -- Classical anxiety -- From medicine to religion, and back -- The nineteenth century's new uncertainties -- The Freudian revolution -- Psychology's ascendance -- The age of anxiety -- The future of anxiety.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Anxiety disorders > History.
Anxiety Disorders > history.
Anxiety > history.
Search for related items by series
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.