Aging our way : lessons for living from 85 and beyond / Meika Loe.
Aging Our Way follows the everyday lives of 30 elders (ages 85-102) living at home and mostly alone, to understand how they create and maintain meaningful lives for themselves. Meika Loe explores how the very old navigate the practical challenges of living as independently as possible while staying healthy, connected, and comfortable--Book jacket.
- ISBN: 9780199797905 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0199797900 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xiii, 327 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Oxford University Press, c2011.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Continue to do what you did -- (Re) design your living space -- Live in moderation -- Take time for self -- Ask for help; mobilize resources -- Connect with peers -- Resort to tomfoolery -- Care for others -- Reach out to family -- Get intergenerational; redefine family -- Insist on hugs -- Be adaptable -- Accept and prepare for death -- Conclusion: new perspectives on the oldest old -- Postscript: on doing ninety (by Ann).
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Aging > Social aspects.
Older people > Psychology.
Older people > Health and hygiene.
Quality of life.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.