Student's guide to writing college papers / Kate L. Turabian.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Kirtland Community College Library||LB 2369 .T8 2010||30540580||General Collection||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780226816302 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780226816319 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0226816303 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0226816311 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xiv 281 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition: 4th ed. / rev. by Gregory G. Colomb, Joseph M. Williams, and the University of Chicago Press editorial staff.
- Publisher: Chicago ; The University of Chicago Press, 2010.
First through third editions published with title: Student's guide for writing college papers.
"This book 'repurposes' the ideas, principles, and practical wisdom in two earlier guides . . . The craft of research (3rd ed., 2008) and the Turabian guide to theses and dissertations (A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations, 7th ed., 2007)."--Preface, p. [ix].
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. 259-273) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
What researches do and how they think about it -- Finding a research question -- Planning for an answer -- Finding useful sources -- Engaging sources -- Planning your argument -- Planning a first draft -- Drafting your paper -- Quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing sources -- Preventing plagiarism -- Presenting evidence in tables and figures -- Revising your draft -- Writing your final introduction and conclusion -- Revising sentences -- Learning from your returned paper -- On the spirit of research -- Citations -- Chicago style -- MLA style -- APA style -- Spelling: plurals, possessives, and hyphenation -- Punctuation -- Titles, names, and numbers.
Provides students with directions and guidelines for writing research papers, covering such topics as finding useful sources, writing a first draft, presenting evidence in tables and figures, revising, and writing the introduction and conclusion.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Dissertations, Academic > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Academic writing > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Search for related items by series
- Chicago guides to writing, editing, and publishing
- Chicago guides to writing, editing, and publishing.