The road to abolition? : the future of capital punishment in the United States / edited by Charles J. Ogletree, Jr., and Austin Sarat.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Kirtland Community College Library||KF 9227 .C2 R63 2009||30539936||General Collection||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780814762172 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0814762174 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780814762189 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0814762182 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9781441633842 (e-book)
- ISBN: 1441633847 (e-book)
- Physical Description: ix, 374 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: New York, N.Y. : New York University Press, c2009.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction : Toward and beyond the abolition of capital punishment / Charles J. Ogletree, Jr. and Austin Sarat -- The executioner's waning defenses / Michael L. Radelet -- Blinded by science on the road to abolition? / Simon A. Cole and Jay D. Aronson -- Abolition in the United States by 2050 : on political capital and ordinary acts of resistance / Bernard E. Harcourt -- The beginning of the end? / Carol S. Steiker and Jordan M. Steiker -- Rocked but still rolling : the enduring institution of capital punishment in historical and comparative perspective / Michael McCann and David T. Johnson -- For execution methods challenges, the road to abolition is paved with paradox / Deborah W. Denno -- Perfect execution : abolitionism and the paradox of lethal injection / Timothy V. Kaufman-Osborn -- "No improvement over electrocution or even a bullet" : lethal injection and the meaning of speed and reliability in the modern execution process / Jürgen Martschukat -- Torture, war, and capital punishment : linkages and missed connections / Robin Wagner-Pacifici -- Making difference : modernity and the political formations of death / Peter Fitzpatrick.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Capital punishment > United States.
Discrimination in capital punishment > United States.
Lethal injection (Execution) > United States.
Search for related items by series
- Charles Hamilton Houston Institute series on race and justice
- Charles Hamilton Houston Institute series on race and justice.