Elderburbia : aging with a sense of place in America / Philip B. Stafford ; foreword by Scott Russell Sanders.
- ISBN: 9780313364365 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0313364362 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: xx, 187 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Publisher: Santa Barbara, Calif. : Praeger, c2009.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Being and dwelling in old age -- Locating old age -- The domains of an elder-friendly community -- Participation: the key to community building -- Memory and the creation of place -- Aging in third places -- New forms of association in old age -- Design guidelines for the new elderburbia -- Owning up: a first-person perspective on aging and place.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Aging > United States.
Older people > Housing > United States.
Older people > Services for > United States.
Community development > United States.
Suburbs > United States.
Retirement communities > United States.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.