Members only : elite clubs and the process of exclusion / Diana Kendall.
- ISBN: 9780742545564 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0742545555 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 9780742545557 (cloth : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0742545563 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Physical Description: v, 191 p. ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: Lanham, : Rowman & Littlefield, c2008.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. 175-184) and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
The world of exclusive clubs -- Exclusion and snobbery take a trip from London to America -- How to "chosen few" are chosen -- Membership has its privileges -- Making connections : clubs and political networks -- Change and resistance to change in membership policies -- Beyond the walls : the wider influence of elite clubs.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Clubs > United States.
Elite (Social sciences) > Social networks > United States.
Social capital (Sociology) > United States.
Marginality, Social > United States.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Kirtland Community College.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.
Show Only Available Copies
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Kirtland Community College Library||HS 2723 .K46 2008||30538854||General Collection||Available||-|